Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stress

Stress is a huge part of my life, but it is manageable. I think that giving in to the stress is important. There are sometimes where you need to take a breath and remember that distractions, problems, and other disappointments happen, and there is nothing that you can to do stop them. However, there are things that you can do to help manage these situations and keep your stress levels in check:

Take a Break -Unless you are engaged in a time pressing, life-or-death situation, it is perfectly acceptable to take a break. If your little one is begging for your attention and you have your mind elsewhere, try and switch gears. Hugs should be always welcome, and not only do your children need you, but you need them as well. If distractions are a problem, take a time out and engage your child in an activity. Once he or she is in active play, and is safe, feel free to step away and go back to what you were doing, but don't forget to take breaks regularly.

Clutter Creates Stress - Clutter has got to be my number one pet peeve. Working or functioning in it drives me absolutely crazy. If you are in a horrible mood, this could be the cause. If I am too worked up to clear it out myself, I micromanage this task to my four children. Today, I happened to be feeling really terrible and needed a nap. Not only did my daughter let me sleep, but she cleaned up the room and made sure that her brothers were entertained. When your children do do something nice for you that wasn't asked, make sure they know they are appreciated. It is surely to happen more often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment